Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Diaper Day & Flower Power

Today's class session was SO much fun!
I'm still amazed at all the fun I'm having during a Science class! It's different, but I love it!


We started off with an experiment with a DIAPER.

we were asked to hypothesize how much water a diaper can hold.
my group and I though "2 water bottles= 24 ounces"
so then we started to pour cups of water onto our diaper

soon it started getting REALLY heavy...
and surprisingly held about 5 whole cups! 
and we learned about the absorbent material in the diapers!

and had an inquiry based activity with a little chick-a-dee!
We learned about circuits and I cannot wait to own a little chick of my own!


Then,
Miss M, Mrs Campos, and I taught our final lesson on flowers and the life cycle~

in our flower hats and flowery clothes

upon entering the classroom, we were impressed by our students' drawings of a plant

and we were excited to see some growth in their seeds!

Our lesson went quite well, I think it's OK to say that it was a little chaotic at moments...
I'm happy to say that Mrs. Flores enjoyed our lesson and our use of technology.
We presented a SmartBoard flipchart and even improvised some clicker activity.
I guess you have to roll with the punches sometimes :)


SCIENCE ROCKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment