Wednesday, February 15, 2012

NASA

Today, during our 548 class, we had a guest speaker from NASA!
Her name was Sandy and she used to be an elementary school teacher as well :)

We learned a lot of cool facts about the solar system and the planets, but also how to incorporate the materials and activities into our lessons.

What I loved about today was the fact that we made gliders and propellers! It directly relates to the science kit that I will be presenting at Rio Vista's Family Science Night.

Brittany playing with  propellers

the same model we are going to use for
Family Science Night!

Tonight made me more excited for the Science Fair and it made me wonder if we could use these models as well as the ones provided in the kit. I want to explore and find new paper plane models!

No comments:

Post a Comment